I am an avid book reader. It’s something I enjoy quite a lot. And, I read across almost all genres. Thriller/Mystery is probably my favorite, but I also read non-fiction, fantasy, romance, etc. So, today I am going to share my (current) top 5 books.
- A RIP in Heaven by Jeanine Cummings — this is a book about the murder of some of the author’s family members. It happened in St. Louis, MO, which is where I am orignally from. I have read this book so many times and researched the case. It’s extremely heartbreaking, but I highly recommend this book.
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom — I had to read this book for a class in college. I devoured it and have re-read it many times since. It is heartwarming and sad and many other things. It’s a lovely read and I will recommend this book over and over.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens — I honestly wasn’t sure I would like this book when I first heard about it. I kept seeing it over and over, so I thought I’d give it a try. I am so glad I did! Wonderful writing and wonderful story.
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson — I have followed Jenny Lawson’s blog for some time, and I appreciate how raw and honest she is. So, of course I had to read her books. This one really resonated with me, and, again, I appreciate how raw and honest she is with her writing.
- Caraval by Stephanie Barber — Kind of a different genre here than the rest, but I am obsessed with this whole series. I love the carnival type theme throughout and I think that’s what really drew me in.
This list changes from time to time, but the first two always remain and will be in my collection forever.